Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Packing Thoughts


As I get my bags packed for Nicaragua, I've been thinking of the "full-on" faith experiences our team had last year.  

For a solid week, we lived together, worshiping, praying, in The Word, serving, eating, laughing.  We had to adjust to flight cancellations, stormy weather, lots of mud - and love for the kids we helped, making new friendships that I hope to strengthen on this trip.  I wouldn't trade these experiences for the world!  

My prayer for all of us serving - on our Nicaragua Team and back home - is that God empowers us all so radically that we would get absolutely no glory.  

That, instead of mustering up willpower, we focus all our energy and time on asking for help from the One who has power to change us.  

That the fruit of His spirit is manifest in our lives.  

That we become more like Jesus.

On to new experiences with a new team, new friendships.  All the while, continuing to press forward the work that has already begun.

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment