Thursday, June 7, 2012

29 Days To Departure

Where did May go?  As I get closer to the departure date, my heart is opened a bit more each day, being sensitive to promptings by God and my own thoughts on how to serve better. 

This weekend, Eagle Brook is presenting a message on servanthood and the impact we can make on Mozambique Africa and the work of World Vision.  I am continually amazed at the journey Richard Stearns has taken from atheist to Christian to CEO to World Vision CEO.  He has a gift for writing, having the ability to explain what our calling is to the poor around the world, and how each Christian must act.

Individually, sponsoring one child makes a difference in one child's life.  Together, an entire church or other community can impact a number of people. 

Part of my decision to go to Nicaragua came from a realization that I wasn't really living my faith, and that I owe my entire life to Christ.  Not that I can gain anything by my good works.  That said, I know I can't earn salvation through serving -- I can 't earn God's favor with my works -- I can't do enough to do that. 

The key is that Christ already earned God's favor for me.  Through God's grace and believing in Christ, Christ already paid the price.  I want to go to Nicaragua, not because I can earn God's favor by going, but because I want to serve Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment